For faculty looking to become great online teachers, the Online Teaching Strategies for Student Success course incorporates evidence-based online practices that are sure to motivate you and your students through a successful semester.
The Online Teaching Strategies for Student Success course provides faculty with a robust online experience, including:
- Overview of online learning research based principles on how students learn
- Review of the community of inquiry model and its relevance to the online learning environment
- Strategies for establishing presence and keeping students motivated, providing effective feedback, monitoring and assessing learning, and facilitating online discussions
- Management techniques to achieve work/life balance, dealing with challenge situations, and legal/ethical issues
By the end of this course, those new to the online teaching environment should feel better prepared and confident to enter the world of online teaching. Those with some experience online should come away with some tips and learning strategies to improve student learning and retention.
- 4-module self-paced online course
- Expected time commitment of 5-6 hours
- Certificate of completion for your portfolio
Who should take this course?
- All instructors new to teaching online
- Instructors who have some limited experience in online teaching who want to refine their online teaching strategies and increase engagement in their course
- Online instructors who want to refine or solidify the foundations of teaching online.
How to enroll:
- Click on the “Click to Enroll” button below. You will be directed to the Academic Engagement Engage LMS to complete your enrollment.
THIS COURSE IS INTENDED FOR FACULTY DEVELOPERS TEACHING IN PROGRAMS THAT ARE PARTNERED WITH WILEY.