Foundations - Teaching Strategies 1 Minute Read
Foundations of Online Course Delivery
This self-paced, on-demand course covers the essential skills instructors need to teach online. Participants are formally introduced to the online course structure and the critical roles and responsibilities of an online instructor. Participants are exposed to techniques for using course materials and resources. The course also covers teaching strategies associated with communication, discussion forums, assessments, grading, and feedback.
- Employ the key components of an online classroom.
- Define the roles and responsibilities of online facilitators.•Utilize effective online facilitation habits, including time management, content review, and participation.
- Explain how institutional policies and procedures impact instructional delivery.
- Implement discussion forum techniques to support interactions between participants, content, and the instructor.
- Utilize strategies to deliver effective learning assessments.
- Apply methods for effectively grading and providing feedback to participants online
About this Course:
- From start to finish, module may take up to 4 hours to complete.
- Fully self-paced. Start and stop as you wish.
- LMS agnostic design strategies.
- Complete all or just some of the sections based on your course design experience.
- Receive a certificate of completion if all activities are completed.
How to enroll:
- Click on the “Click to Enroll” button below. You will be directed to the Academic Engagement Engage LMS to complete your enrollment.
THIS COURSE IS INTENDED FOR FACULTY DEVELOPERS TEACHING IN PROGRAMS THAT ARE PARTNERED WITH WILEY.