This self-paced workshop focuses on enhancing an existing online course using advanced practices in online course design. It pays particular attention to topics such as universal design for learning, authentic assessment, and theories of student engagement and motivation. Throughout it, participants will develop artifacts and strategies for enhancing their existing online course. Participants should have a previously designed online course available.
By the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Leverage teaching evaluations and past experience to update their online course.
- Articulate three strategies for increasing student engagement in their online course.
- Employ UDL principles to enhance instructional materials for one module of their online course.
- Create an authentic summative assessment for their online course.
About this course:
- From start to finish, module may take up to 10 hours to complete.
- Fully self-paced. Start and stop as you wish.
- LMS agnostic design strategies.
- Complete all or just some of the sections based on your course design experience.
- Receive a certificate of completion if all activities are completed.
How to enroll:
- Click on the “Click to Enroll” button below. You will be directed to the Academic Engagement Engage LMS to complete your enrollment.
THIS COURSE IS INTENDED FOR FACULTY DEVELOPERS TEACHING IN PROGRAMS THAT ARE PARTNERED WITH WILEY.