This short, self-paced course focuses on what instructors should consider when designing a synchronous session for an online course, and how to facilitate the session. By introducing participants to the advantages and challenges of synchronous learning, the stakeholders involved, and facilitation best practices, this workshop equips instructors with the tools they need to determine whether or not to offer a synchronous learning opportunity, and if so, how to do so effectively.
- Determine whether a synchronous session effectively addresses a course objective.
- Identify best practices in facilitating online synchronous sessions.
About this course:
- From start to finish, module may take up to 1.5 hours to complete.
- Fully self-paced. Start and stop as you wish.
- LMS agnostic design strategies.
- Complete all or just some of the sections based on your course design experience.
- Receive a certificate of completion if all activities are completed.
How to enroll:
- Click on the “Click to Enroll” button below. You will be directed to the Academic Engagement Engage LMS to complete your enrollment.
THIS COURSE IS INTENDED FOR FACULTY DEVELOPERS TEACHING IN PROGRAMS THAT ARE PARTNERED WITH WILEY.