Calculating Credit Hours for Your Online Course
By illustrating how much work a course contains, credit hours serve an important role to administrators, instructors, and students alike. Whereas credit hours have traditionally been calculated by looking at how long students spend in the classroom, the online classroom presents a unique set of challenges when it comes to determining that the work being asked of students is comparable to the credit hours being assigned. This short, self-paced course focuses on credit hours and how they’re calculated for the online classroom. By introducing participants to the history of the credit hour, what constitutes a credit hour, and how time-on-task equates to credit hours, this workshop prepares individuals to ensure that the amount of work in their online course is comparable to the credit hours assigned to it.
- Determine if their course’s workload is appropriate for the number of credit hours assigned to it
About this course:
- From start to finish, module may take up to 1.5 hours to complete
- Fully self-paced. Start and stop as you wish.
- LMS agnostic design strategies.
- Complete all or just some of the sections based on your course design experience.
- Receive a certificate of completion if all activities are completed.
How to enroll:
- Click on the “Click to Enroll” button below. You will be directed to the Academic Engagement Engage LMS to complete your enrollment.
THIS COURSE IS INTENDED FOR FACULTY DEVELOPERS TEACHING IN PROGRAMS THAT ARE PARTNERED WITH WILEY.