Best Practices in Online Course Delivery (Module 4) – Providing Feedback
This course is one module of a four-module series that focuses on more advanced practices in the delivery of online courses. The BP500 series is designed to enhance cooperative, collaborative, active, and experiential learning and to give participants the tools to develop course and teaching resources applicable to their discipline.
This module, BP5000M04: Providing Feedback, presents best practices for providing feedback. Participants will evaluate the different types of feedback. Participants will also identify the various uses of feedback in the online setting. Upon successful completion of this module, participants will receive a Best Practices in Online Course Delivery: Providing Feedback certificate.
- Compose quality feedback that guides students toward learning objectives, in a way that motivates, supports, and enhances the comprehension of course materials.
- Provide differentiated feedback that relates to individual learning styles and abilities.
- Initiate appropriate feedback that focuses on a student’s needs beyond the classroom, such as referrals to external resources.
- Discuss the importance of appropriate communication methods when managing a challenging online student.
- Communicate and facilitate solutions related to addressing a challenging online student.
About this course:
- From start to finish, module may take up to 1.5 hours to complete.
- Fully self-paced. Start and stop as you wish.
- LMS agnostic design strategies.
- Complete all or just some of the sections based on your course design experience.
- Receive a certificate of completion if all activities are completed.
How to enroll:
- Click on the “Click to Enroll” button below. You will be directed to the Academic Engagement Engage LMS to complete your enrollment.
THIS COURSE IS INTENDED FOR FACULTY DEVELOPERS TEACHING IN PROGRAMS THAT ARE PARTNERED WITH WILEY.